b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all metal parts in an approved
(2) Inspect rods, brackets, clevises, pins, bell
crank, and roller for wear.
(3) Inspect spring for cracks, distortion, and
loss of tension.
(4) Replace damaged or defective parts.
c. Installation. Reverse procedures in a above.
d. Adjustment. If clevis (13, fig. 4-28) was removed
assembly (2) and control valve (5).
(2) Loosen tube nut from elbow (3). Lift off
tube assembly (2).
(3) Remove elbow (3) from tee at intake
(4) Loosen nut of elbow assembly (4) and lift
off control valve (5).
(5) Remove elbow (4).
b. Installation. Install in reverse of removal.
4-46. Fuel Pump
Figure 4-27. Governor adjustment.
(3) If governor surges under load, decrease
elbow (6) on carburetor. Install a tee fitting between
spring tension with sensitivity screw and readjust throttle
elbow and fuel line. Connect a 0 to 5-psi pressure gage
lever position to desired high idle speed.
to tee fitting.
(4) Repeat above procedures as required until
desired performance is obtained. When adjustment is
(3) Operate engine at 1, 800 rpm. If gage
complete lock all locknuts to maintain settings.
does not indicate between 1 1/4 and 2 1/4 psi with gage
f. Remove electric tachometer.
held 16 inches above fuel pump, inspect fuel lines and
filter for obstructions. If filter and lines are unobstructed,
4-44. Accelerator Pedal and Linkage
replace fuel pump.
Connect fuel line to carburetor.
(16) that connect clevis (13) to governor arm. Loosen
locknut (14). Remove clevis and locknut from rod (15).
(1) Disconnect the two fuel lines from the
(2) Remove cotter pin (12) and pin (16) that
elbows at fuel pump.
connect clevis (13) to pivot arm (9).
(3) Remove cotter pin (10) and pin (5) that
(13) that secure fuel pump (10) to cylinder block; remove
connects accelerator pedal clevis (6) to pivot arm.
fuel pump and gasket (11).
Loosen locknut (7). Remove clevis and lock- nut from
(3) Replace pump if defective.
c. Installation. Reverse procedures in b above.
(4) Remove cotter pin (10) and washer (17)
4-47. Fuel Filter
that secures pivot arm; remove pivot arm from pin (11).
a. Filter Element Replacement.
(5) Disconnect and remove spring (18) and pin
(5) that operates accelerator pedal and rod; loosen
Place drain pan under fuel filter to catch gas spillage.
locknut (7). Remove clevis and locknut from rod.
(3) that secure bearings (4) to floor plate. Remove
bearings and accelerator pedal assembly.