(2) Position two blocks, approximately 24 feet
cables, securing them at dead end sockets with cable
until dipper rests on blocks. Position blocking between
(6) Tighten adjusting nuts (fig.
dipper handle and boom point, then lower boom until
antisway springs to obtain spring tension, then hold
point rests on blocking.
adjustment by tightening locknuts.
(3) Build a substantial crib under boom, near
(7) Install revolving frame crowd' chain on
foot, until there is just room enough to insert wedges, or
crowd reversing mechanism then on digging drum
jacks, to take weight of boom off boom foot pins.
sprocket, and secure by installing master link (para 4-3),
(4) Remove master pin of revolving frame
crowd chain and remove chain from shovel sprocket on
reversing mechanism and sprocket on shipper shaft,
digging drum. Reinstall master pin and position crowd
then adjust in a similar manner.
chain back over boom crowd chain temporarily, until
cleaning and preserving is performed ((10) below).
(5) Loosen locknut and adjusting nut from
(9) Perform preventive maintenance checks
antisway spring until all tension is removed from
(6) Remove cable clamps from dead end
sockets of dipper hoist cable and boom hoist cable (fig.
(1) Move crane-shovel unit to storage area,
2-10) and carefully reel them
in on hoist
an area that is level, preferably hard surfaced, under
cover, and suitable for storage of shovel front end
Figure 4-3. Crowd and retract chain, removal, installation, and adjustment.