Figure 3-6. Chain case fill cap and breather service.
(6) Position filter element in housing; position
spring on filter element; position new gasket on cover,
Engine Oil Strainer Service (Model 687C18-ES
then place cover on housing and secure with two
h. Chain Case Fill Cap and Breather Service.
(1) Refer to LO 5-3810-206-12 for interval,
cleaning solvent, and dry thoroughly with low pressure
(3) Remove cover gasket and the element
spring, then lift filter element from housing. Discard
(2) Inspect breather portion of fill cap for
damage to filter screen wire, and assure removal of all
(4) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(3) Replace a defective fill cap breather.
(5) Visually inspect element spring for break
(4) Refer to current lubrication LO 5 3810-
or other defect, such as loss of tension. Replace a
206-12 for instructions on changing of oil in chain case.