RESCREEN & SQUARE HALFTOMES
(3) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly with compressed air or lint
free cloth. Be sure that screen of filter element is free of
all sludge or foreign matter.
(4) Visually inspect all parts for cracks, holes,
or excessive wear. Repair by replacing defective parts.
(5) Install filter element on stud and secure
(6) Place washer on bowl, position bowl
Figure 3-9. Air cleaner service for engine model
When compressed air is used to
clean, or dry filter element, do not
blow dust from body while it is
Accumulations of dust might be
blown into turbocharger and cause
(5) Insert packing into body, then place filter
element in position with open end toward turbocharger.
(6) Install cover and secure by tightening two
(7) Position screen over intake and secure by
3-12. Engine Oil Strainer Service (Model 687C-18-ES
3-13. Fuel Filter Service
a. General.. The fuel filters strain all fuel prior to its
entering the injectors, removing water and foreign
matter that would clog the injectors. Engine model
687C-18-ES has both primary and secondary filters.
Engine model D333TA has only one filter.
b. Primary Fuel Filter Service (Model 687C-18-ES
secures bowl to filter head and remove bowl and
Figure 3-10. Primary fuel filter service (model 687C-
(2) Remove nut that secures filter element to
stud in filter head, then remove filter element.