c. Cable Reeving.
(3) Reeve from the right hand drum on the
hoist drum shaft to the right crane boom
(1) Select the proper length and size cables
point sheave, through the right side sheave
of the hook block, over the top of the center
(2) Refer to B, figure 8 and reeve the cable
boom point sheave, through the left side
over the top gantry center guide sheave
sheave of the hook block, over the top of
down through the crane cab, and secure it
the left crane boom point sheave, and then
to the boom hoist drum with the wedge.
deadend the cable at the hanger.
Reeve the other end of the boom hoist
d. Crane Boom Removal.
cable over top of the inside right-hand
(1) Lower the boom to a horizontal position and
sheave of the bridle sheave assembly,
build up cribbing under the boom as
around the right outside sheave of the
gantry sheave, back over the top outside
bridle sheave, back around the horizontal
(2) Use wedges or jacks to relieve weight from
gantry sheave, around the center bridle
the boom footpins. Remove the cotter pins
sheave, down around the left horizontal
and boom footpins.
gantry sheave, around the left inside bridle
(3) Remove the cables; clean, lubricate, and
sheave, down around the left gantry sheave
identify the cables; and store.
and around the left outside bridle sheave,
(4) Move the crane away from the crane boom
and back to the anchor on the gantry and
secure with the cable wedge.