Figure 198. Crane engine piton and connecting rod assembly, removal and installation.
Inspection and Repair.
(3) Remove the crane engine piston and
connecting rod assemblies from the
(1) Inspect the pistons for wear, galling,
scoring burned condition, and out-of-
Disassembly. Disassemble the piston and
round. The piston diameter is 4.233
inches minimum and 4.441 inches
connecting rod assemblies in the numerical sequence as
The wing groove width
diameter is 0.097 inch minimum and
Crane Engine Piston and Connecting Rod
Assemblies Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair
(2) Inspect piston for cylinder bore fit and
clearance. Pistons should be fitted with
the cylinder bore of the block at room
(1) Clean all parts with an approved
temperature, 6875 F.
piston fit in the cylinder bore using a
(2) Remove carbon deposits from all parts.
strip of 0.004 inch feeler gauge stock,
Remove all loose carbon particles with
the feeler being attached to a
compressed air or a lint-free cloth.