(2) Clean all air passages with compressed air,
making certain that they are clean and free
of obstructions and foreign matter.
b. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect the bore in the body for scoring and
scratches. The bore must be smooth to
prevent damage to the piston. Replace a
(2) Inspect the piston for rough spots and other
damage. Check the fit of the piston stem in
the (am. The piston stem must be a free
(3) Inspect the inlet and exhaust valve for
grooves, pitting, and other damage.
Check the fit of the valve in the adjusting
ring nut. The valve must slide freely
without binding. Replace a defective inlet
and exhaust valve.
(4) Inspect the inlet valve seat in the body and
the exhaust valve seat in the piston for
grooves, pitting, corrosion, wear, and other
Replace defective body and
(5) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, bends,
damaged threads, corrosion, distortion, and
other damage. Repair or replace damaged
parts as necessary.
521. Carrier Trailer Broke Valve Reassembly and
Reassemble the carrier trailer
brake valve in the reverse of the numerical sequence as
b. Installation. Install the carrier trailer brake valve
on the crane carrier.
Figure 254. Carrier trailer brake valve, exploded