(3) Replace a defective generator.
c. Installation. Install carrier generator as illus-trated in
The engine generator must be polarized
whenever the leads to the generator or
regulator have been removed or any
adjustments have been made to the
generator regulator. Failure to polarize
the generator may result in burned
regulator contact points, a run-down
battery, and possible serious damage to
the generator. The generator should be
polarized after it has been installed and
before the engine has been started.
(1) Disconnect cable from generator to generator
(2) Disconnect cable from generator regulator to
(3) Momentarily connect a wire from battery to
generator. This allows a momentary surge of current to
flow through generator field coils to correctly polarize the
(4) Remove jumper connection and reconnect
cables from generator to generator regulator and from
generator regulator to battery.
a. Removal. Remove alternator as illustrated in figure
Figure 4-60. Carrier Engine alternator removal and
installation. (model 2385).