ameter is worn larger than 2.4105 inches, or if depth is
(5) Press lubricating oil pump driver gear on
worn deeper than 1.252 inches.
drive shaft until drive end of shaft protrudes through gear
1.455. 1.485 inches.
3-63. Reassembly and Installation
(6) With convex (numbered) side of pump
drive gear up, press gear onto shaft until protrudes
0.185,0.215 inch through drive gear.
engine lubricating oil pump.
(7) When pump has been completely torqued
(2) If idler shaft was removed press new shaft
(para 1-4), check for end clearance
into scavenger body until shaft protrudes 1.935,'1.965
pump drive shaft using a dial indicator.
inch from bottom surface of pocket.
(3) Press pump drive gear (with drilled oil
hole) on main shaft until shaft protrudes 0.0590,'0602
(1) Install oil pump assembly as illustrated
inch through gear.
(4) Press scavenger pump driver gear on
main shaft and maintain 0.002/0.004 inch clearance
between gear and body.
Section XXI. CARRIER ENGINE OIL COOLER
3-64. Removal and Disassembly
a. Removal. Remove the oil cooler as illustrated in
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the oil cooler as
FLATWASHERS OR LOCKPLATES SECURING
COVERS AND ELEMENTS TO CYLINDER
REMOVE COVER AND ELEMENT FROM
3. SEPARATE COVERS AND ELEMENTS.
4. DISCARD ALL GASKETS AND LOCKPLATES.
A-carrier oil cooler removal and installation
Figure 3-38. (1) Carrier engine oil cooler.