Figure 4-45. Dragline bucket, disassembly and reassembly.
(1) Removal. Position bucket on its side.
two half-scoops, hinged together at top so that they will
close over material to be picked up. Bucket opens when
closing line is allowed to run free, and closes when
from clam jaws.
(2) Cleaning, inspection and repair.
pressure on hoist brake is slackened and crowd and
retract clutch is engaged.
(a) Clean parts with an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(b) Inspect mounting hardware for
(1) Lower open bucket to ground until
there is slack in the holding and closing cables.
stripped threads or other defects.
(2) Disconnect tagline from bucket.
(c) Inspect teeth for bent, cracked, or
(3) Disconnect holding and closing cables
(d) Replace defective parts.
Install teeth on jaws.
disassemble clamshell bucket.
d. Bucket Teeth Replacement.