1. Remove the fluid cylinder and lubricate the valve
around the push rod under the gasket with a few drops of
6. Check for leakage of fluid (fogging) on the outside of
the engine air inlet housing by actuating the starting aid
while the engine is stopped.
If fogging occurs,
2. Lubricate the actuator cable.
disassemble and retighten the air inlet housing fitting to
3. Actuate the valve with the cable to distribute the oil on
the cable and allow the oil to run down through the valve.
Do not actuate the starting aid more
4. Remove any dirt from the orifice by removing the air
than once with the engine stopped.
inlet housing fitting, the orifice block and the screen.
Over-loading the engine air box with
Then, blow air through the orifice end only. These items
this volatile fluid could result in a
are located beneath the fluid cylinder.
5. Assemble and tighten the air inlet housing fitting to
7. Replace the fluid cylinder. Hand tighten the cylinder.
the actuator valve and tube.
Figure 4-23. Quick Start