As the block is normally part of the lifted load, the black pointer reading should equal the weight of the block, when the
block is hanging free and unloaded, and NOT zero.
The electrical circuit can be tested by depressing the switch on the top of the Control Box causing the relay to operate and
sounding the warning bell. THIS SHOULD BE TESTED AT LEAST ONCE EVERY WORKING DAY. If a separate isolation
switch is fitted, ensure that it is switched on.
The foregoing information can be condensed into the following main points to be observed when operating the crane:-
AT ALL TIMES, ENSURE THAT-
1. Correct cam is fitted to suit boom length and number of parts.
2. Correct radius scale is fitted.
3. Index window on dial of Control Box shows correct number of parts and no further adjustment is necessary at the
4. Load Cell is correctly positioned in Dynamometer.
5. Dynamometer is free of accumulated rope grease.
6. Bowden cables from the boom hinge pin are lubricated and free of ice.
7. Alarm operates when test button is pressed.
NOTE:--RED POINTER INDICATES SAFE WORKING LOAD. BLACK POINTER INDICATES LOAD BEING LIFTED
WHEN BOTH POINTERS COINCIDE, OVERLOAD IS IMMINENT. WHEN BELL RINGS STEADILY, IMMEDIATELY
LOWER LOAD OR REDUCE RADIUS.
IMPORTANT. During constant clamshell or Piling operations, REMOVE DYNAMOMETER.
Should any query arise with this equipment, the Serial Number of the Unit should be quoted in all communications.
Serial Number has the prefix "CO......" and appears on the nameplates of the Control Box and the Dynamometer.
Maintenance Instructions appear at the end of these instructions and should be carried out at regular intervals.
Change 1 2-1-4