3. The valve spool may now be removed from the valve
body. Remove the front ring seal.
`4. To prevent cutting the front ring seal on sharp edges,
wrap the spool with 3 or 4 layers of glossy paper, leaving
only the front seal groove exposed. Slide the front ring seal
on from the rear of the spool over the paper and Into the
front seal groove.
5. Apply clean grease to the new seal. Remove the paper
and insert the spool in the valve body, and with a rotating
action on the knob, push the spool in until the front ring
seal disappears and the rear seal groove is exposed,
6. Install the rear ring seal.
7. Apply clean grease to the rear ring seal.
8. Now install the rear snap ring, and with a firm, rotating
action pull the spool up against the snap ring.
9. Install the front snap ring.
STEERING COLUMN (20Z1144)
DISASSEMBLY. To disassemble the steering column,
proceed as follows:
1. Disconnect the horn, indicator light and turn signal
2. Remove the entire steering column as follows:
Figure 10-3. Steering/Outrigger, Selector Valve (36Z706)