to be taken:
(7) Remove transmission control cover and check
(1) Drain the entire system thoroughly.
it for foreign material. Check inside of transmission
(2) Disconnect and clean all hydraulic lines.
Where feasible hydraulic lines should be removed from
materials. If presence of considerable foreign material
machine for cleaning.
is noted inside of case and clutch components, it will be
(3) Replace oil filter elements, cleaning out filter
necessary that transmission be disassembled and
cleaned thoroughly. DO NOT attempt to clean by use of
(4) The oil cooler must be thoroughly cleaned. The
cooler should be "back flushed" with oil and com-
(8) Reassemble all components and using oil
pressed air until all foreign material has been removed.
specified in the Lubrication Order, fill torque converter
Flushing in direction of normal oil flow will not ade-
and transmission through filler opening until fluid
quately clean the cooler. If necessary radiator and
comes up to FULL mark on transmission dipstick.
cooler assembly should be removed from machine for
Reinstall fill plug and dipstick and run engine two
cleaning, using oil, compressed air and steam cleaner
minutes at 500-600 rpm to prime torque converter,
for that purpose. DO NOT use flushing compounds for
and hydraulic lines. Recheck level of fluid in transmis-
sion with engine running at idle (500--O00 rpm) and
(5) Remove transmission sump pump and screen.
add quantity necessary to bring level up to FULL mark
Clean thoroughly. Use new gasket when reassembling.
on dipstick. Recheck with hot oil (180 to 200Z'.
(6) Remove clutch covers and clutch assemblies.
(9) Recheck all drain plugs, lines, connections,
Clean disassembled clutch components thoroughly,
etc., for leaks and tighten where necessary.
check for wear.