(2) Unscrew reservoir (2) from body (8) and
remove gasket (3) and reservoir (2).
(3) Remove tube (4) and washer (5). Remove
air filter (6) and expansion plug (7) from body (8).
18-9. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair
a. Clean all metal parts of the evaporator assembly
with cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680 or
equivalent) and dry thoroughly.
b. Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks or other
damage. Replace or repair as necessary.
c. Inspect all hardware and fittings for stripped or
damaged threads. Replace as necessary.
18-10. Reassembly and Installation
a Refer to figure 18-3 and reassemble the
evaporator assembly as follows:
(1) Install expansion plug (7), air filter (6) and
filler plug (1) in evaporator body (8).
(2) Place washer (5) in body and install tube
(3) Install new gasket (3) and install reservoir
(2) on evaporator body (8).
b. Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and reinstall the
alcohol evaporator assembly in reverse order of remov-
1 Filler plug
6 Air filter
7 Expansion plug
8 Evaporator body
Figure 18-3. Alcohol evaporator assembly exploded view.
REPAIR OF GOVERNOR ASSEMBLY
governor assembly as follows:
18-1 1. Removal and Disassembly
(1) Remove cover (1) and grommet (2) from
a. Remove governor assembly as instructed in
governor body (19).
b. Rifer to figure 18-4 and disassemble the