ERECTING AND STOWING 32 FT. SWINGAWAY EXTENSION -
Erecting 32 Ft. Swingaway Extension. Erect 32 ft. swingaway extension in
accordance with the following procedure.
1. Extend and set outriggers.
2. Swing boom over rear of carrier.
3. Fully retract boom if extended, and lower below horizontal (4 degrees).
4. Rig cable for single part line operation.
5. Assure the cable dead head is in stowed position, and release latch securing extension to aft bracket
on side of boom.
DO NOT DETACH EXTENSION FROM MAIN BRACKET AT THIS TIME.
6. With main bracket acting as pivot, pull outward on extension tip to position anchor fittings in extension
attach fittings on right side of boom nose.
7. Secure extension to right side of boom nose with attach pins; secure attach pins with safety pins.
EXTENSION ATTACH PINS ARE STOWED ON SUPPORTS AT BASE OF 32 FT. SECTION.
8. Remove safety pins from attach pins securing extension to main bracket on side of boom; remove
9. Elevate boom to horizontal, and swing extension into place ahead of boom nose, engaging anchor
fittings with extension attach fittings on left side of boom nose.
10. Secure extension to left side of boom nose with attach pins; secure attach pins with safety pins.
11. Let out cable and route over extension sheave; attach hook. Extension is now ready for single line
12. For two-part line operation, reeve cable under hook block sheave, attach becket and secure to anchor
on extension tip.