TM 5-3810-300-24 & P2
3. Install serrated collar.
4. Install wiper arms; secure with attaching washers and nuts.
5. Connect electrical leads to motor as marked prior to removal.
The heater assembly is installed to the rear of the operator's seat. Circulation of air is provided by a fan within the
assembly controlled by a rotary switch on the console.
ASSURE BATTERIES ARE DISCONNECTED BEFORE PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE ON THE ELECTRICAL
A SUITABLE CONTAINER SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO CATCH DRAWING COOLANT.
1. Disconnect electrical lead to motor; tape lead.
2. Loosen clamps securing hoses to heater pipes; remove hoses; plug hose openings.
3. Remove nuts securing heater assembly to cab; remove assembly.
1. Remove hardware securing grill and cover to back plate.
2. Remove cover and heater core.
3. Loosen set screw securing fan blade to motor shaft; remove blade.
4. Remove hardware securing motor to back plate; remove motor.
1. Install motor on back plate; secure with attaching hardware.
2. Position fan blade on motor shaft; secure with set screw.
3. Assemble back plate, heater core, cover and grill together; secure with attaching hardware.
1. Set heater assembly into position in cab; secure with attaching hardware.
2. Remove plugs from heater hoses; install hoses; secure with clamps.
3. Connect electrical lead to motor.