- The handling of personnel via wire rope or rigging suspended platforms
installed upon boom extensions, shall be strictly prohibited.
Cranes should not be rigged for performing lifting service when
personnel are being handled.
All precautions and instructions on the decals attached to the crane,
supporting frame, and each platform shall be strictly observed.
- Clear, unobstructed visibility between personnel on the platform(s)
and the crane operator shall be maintained at all times except where
a special signal person shall have been assigned and positioned such
that he is visible to both. The signal person shall have no other duties
when personnel are on the platform.
- If the crane is to be used for materials handling or other lifting service
with the platform(s) attached, appropriate reductions in load rating
chart values shall be made.
- Prior to traveling (i.e., moving the crane) the boom shall be lowered,
retracted, and secured in the travel position; personnel handling is
prohibited when crane is traveling.
- Belting off or otherwise attaching a platform to an adjacent pole,
structure, or equipment shall not be permitted.
- Personnel platforms shall be easily identifiable by high visibility color
- Personnel shall always stand firmly on the floor of the platform and
shall not sit or climb on the edge of the platform or use planks,
ladders, or other devices for a work position.
- Personnel shall wear a body belt with lanyard attached to the boom
or platform when occupying a platform.
- Climbers shall not be worn while performing work from a platform.
- Users shall ensure that all duties set forth in this handbook are adhered
to including compliance with ALL safety requirements.
- All manuals, operating instructions, etc. provided shall be read and
understood by operating personnel prior to commencing operations.