RAIL and MARINE GUIDANCE
Prepare the ATEC AT422T for Rail or Marine transport by following these instructions, in addition to the
information in the reference material at the end of this appendix.
For Highway transport see Reference Material at the
end of this appendix.
Inside Carrier Cab
1. Tape securely the sliding door glass, rear window sliding glass, and remaining glass.
2. Tape Carrier door keys to ignition switch actuator arm.
3. Tape Fire Extinguisher to its bracket and defroster fan to adjacent structure.
4. Move Transmission Control lever to Neutral position and tape securely.
5. Install a block under Parking Control Knob to hold in "pulled out" position and tape securely.
6. Secure Technical Manuals in bracket.
7. Close and secure cab door with tape, leaving cab doors unlocked.
Inside Superstructure Cab
1. Start engine, swing the boom over the crane front end and lower to just above the rest cradle.
2. Push down the Swing Lock Pin Control Handle to engage locking pin, (located
at right side of console).
3. Push down on the Positive Swing Lock Handle (located right side of operator's
seat armrest) and engage locking pin.
4. Lower boom until it rests on the boom cradle, and shut engine down.
5. Tape securely the seat armrest in the down position.
6. Move control levers to forward position and tape securely to the steering wheel.
7. Tape fire extinguisher to its bracket and defroster fan to adjacent structure.
8. Cushion and tape LMI console to instrument panel console and steering column.
9. Tape securely the door glass, rear window sliding glass, skylight window, and remaining glass.
10. Move Transmission Control lever to Neutral position and tape securely.
11. Install a block under Parking Control Knob to hold in "pulled out" position and tape securely.
12. Secure Load Chart Binder in its bracket located behind seat at upper left corner of cab.
13. Tape Superstructure door keys to ignition switch actuator arm.
14. Close and secure cab door with tape, leaving cab doors unlocked.
On Carrier (Outside of Cab):
1. At boom, tape Tagline Hose Reel hoses to the Tagline Hose Reel chain.
2. Install safety tie down wire rope to boom as follows. Place wire rope around boom and reeve
through hook block clevis. Form one continuous loop and overlap ends a minimum of 24
inches. Secure overlapped cable ends together with four U-bolt type clips. Install two
clips in the same direction maintaining a distance of 3" between them. Install the remaining
two clips facing in the opposite direction. Have assistant hand tighten wire rope ends and
torque U-bolt nut to 65 lbs. ft.
3. Tape hose reel quick-disconnect plugs to hydraulic tubes for the Tagline Hose Reel.
4. Pivot cab mirrors flush with cab doors. Pivot inward other mirrors on crane. Tape mirrors securely.
5. Latch hinged engine hood covers and tape securely.
6. Latch and tape tool compartment cover.
7. Latch and tape down battery box hinged cover.
8. Place Battery Disconnect Switch Handle in OFF position and tape handle to adjacent structure.
9. Tape the Cold Start injection bottle and cover to its bracket.
10. Stow outrigger pads at rear of carrier and secure in provided storage bracket.