INSTALLATION OF AXLE
Be careful of the reference marks on the
Installation of the Actuation Unit.
bearing caps with respect to the differential
3. Hand tighten the bearing cap bolts. By a counter
The sliding ring should not under any circum-
rotation of the adjusting rings, move the differential until
the teeth side play is approximately 0.011 to 0.015 in. (0.3
stances be subjected to pressure in the switched
to 0.4 mm). The value at the narrowest place is marked
on the ring gear.
4. Loosen the adjusting rings one by one without moving
The position of the control lever depends on
the fitting position of the actuating cylinder.
5. Coat the threads of the adjusting rings and the
differential carrier with LOCTITE 262.
1. Slide the control shaft with sliding ring fitting into the
axle housing. Mount the sliding ring in the groove of the
sliding sleeve. Screw the gear casing in with the sealing
ring. Slip on the lever and pin it down.
INTEGRATED DIFFERENTIAL LOCK.
6. Hold the drive pinion at the drive flange. Using a dial
indicator, check the backlash play by rotating the ring gear.
Securely tighten the gear cap bolts. Gear meshing and
tooth side play is to be checked according to Adjustment
of Ring Gear and Drive Pinion.
7. Individually loosen the gear cap bolts. Coat them with
LOCTITE 270 and then torque them as outlined on the Bolt
8. Install lock plates with screws.
Bend down lock