REMOVE APPLICABLE MOUNTING HARDWARE, THEN REMOVE PANEL.
Figure 3-118. Handrail, panel, window frame, and cab, removal and installation.
(1) Clean edges of window frame, inside and
around channel to break the seal.
out, with an approved cleaning solvent and dry
(2) Visually inspect channel for cracks,
straight end of channel tool
between channel and glass, move tool slowly around
frame or panels for dents or cracks.
window or door glass to break seal of channel to glass.
Press glass outward gently while breaking seal and the
glass will slide out of the frame when seal is completely
straightening dents in window frame. Replace defective
channel or broken glass.
3-159. Swinging Door
(1) Start channel along the side of opening.
a. Removal and Installation.
(2) Fit narrow edge of channel over edge of
window frame and continue around frame until the two
(1) Unhook latch.
ends of channel are joined.
(3) When glass is in position, insert hooked
washers and screws, then remove swinging door.
end of tool into channel, move around window forcing
(3) Install in reverse order.
locking strip into position and completing the installation.
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
Do not begin locking operation at
solvent and dry thoroughly.
channel joint. Start around the
(2) Visually inspect door for defective hinges,
corners smoothly to avoid buckling
dents, cracks, or other defect.
or crimping the channel. Use care,
(3) Repair by straightening bends, welding
and assure weather protection.
cracks, or replacing defective hinge or door.
c. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.