277. Heater Control Boxes
279. Engine Heater Electric Coolant Pump
The control boxes for both the engine liquid heater
a. Removal and Installation. Remove and install
and the cab fresh air heater are identical and
maintenance instructions are the same for both units.
Service the crane heater control boxes in the same
manner as instructed for carrier heater control boxes
278. Engine Heater Assembly
a. Removal and Installation
(1) Disconnect coolant hoses and electrical
(2) Remove mounting screws in a similar
manner as instructed for carrier engine
from under machine deck.
b. Cleaning and Inspection
(1) Clean the heater and mounting hardware
with an approved cleaning solvent and dry
(2) Inspect the heater and mounting hardware
for breaks or other damage.
(3) Inspect the heater for proper operation.
(4) Replace or repair mounting hardware as
Figure 171. Crane engine heater coolant lines and
fuel lines, removal and installation.
(5) Replace a defective heater as necessary.
Figure 170. Crane engine heater electric coolant
pump, removal and installation.
Figure 172. Crane cab heater, removal and