(3) Insert a hydraulic jack into the hole in the
(3) If brake linings become glazed, remove
the glazed spots with a steel brush. If oil
crawler frame in front of the drive shaft
assembly. Increase the tension on the
or grease soaked, replace.
propel chain until the slack of the chain
can be raised approximately 1 1/2 inches
Install propel brake as shown in
minimum to 3 inches maximum.
(4) Add shims (fig. 56) on bearing bolt until
the drive shaft is parallel t o the axle.
107. Propel Chain
Install the keeper bar to lock the shims in
(1) Propel the machine in a backward
direction for at least the length of the
b. Removal and Installation. Remove and install
crawler frame. This will place all of the
The hand holes provided in the idler roller
must be opposite the adjusting nut.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
remove several of the shims, securing the
solvent and dry thoroughly.
idler roller assembly, to relieve the
crawler belt tension.
Figure 56. Propel chain adjustment, removal and installation.