b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect all parts for wear and damage.
Replace damaged or defective parts.
c. Installation and Adjustment.
(1) Install the carrier engine throttle control
4-21), components and adjust the cable
(2) Idle speed adjustments are performed at
the engine governor.
The fuel pump incorporates the
governor assembly and is flange-mounted to the rear of
the air compressor. It is gear deiven from the engine
(1) Remove fuel pump filter as illustrated in
(2) Clean filter and dry thoroughly.
(3) Install fuel pump filter as illustrated in
a. General. The engine governor is an integral part
Figure 4-22. Fuel pump filter, removal and installation.
of the fuel pump with maximum engine speed adjusted
when the fuel pump is rebuilt or calibrated.
(3) Remove pipe plug from spring pack cover
(1) Operate engine until the engine's oil
temperature is 140F.
(2) Shut off engine or let it idle.
Normal rpm of the carrier engine is 700
rpm for low idle speed and 2770 rpm for
high no-load speed. Idle speed should
be set 40 to 50 rpm lower than desired if
adjustment is made with engine running
since air collects in spring pack housing
and speed change results when housing
fills with fuel.