CONTROLS AND OPERATION
Figure 2-17. Jib Suspension (911J91)
1. Rotate the upper so that the boom is over either side
5. Remove the winch line from becket (11) and attach it
of the rear of the carrier. Do not attempt to fold the jib
to becket (4). Slowly lower the boom and take up slack
with the boom over the front of the carrier.
in the line with the winch to fold the jib under the boom.
6. Telescope the boom back fully, and take up slack with
2. Remove the hook block from the main or auxiliary
the winch until the jib mount bracket is aligned with the
winch line, and attach the line to becket (11). Take up
Install spacers (8), retainers (7),
on the winch line to relieve the tension on the jib
7. Install pin (10) and lock it in place with cotter pin (9).
3. Remove the suspension cable from the boom point
and attach it to the bracket at the base of the jib as
8. Unhook the winch line from becket (4) and attach the
line to the hook block.
approximately 45 degrees, and pay out line from the
winch slowly, until the jib is suspended vertically from the
9. Remove "T" pins from boom jib pivot point and install
in stowed position.
4. Telescope the boom back, leaving approximately one
foot of boom extended.
Change 1 1-2-25