CONTROLS AND OPERATION
To retract the manual fly section beck to the storage
position, proceed as follows:
1. Install the boom stop as shown in View B.
2. Remove the cylinder pin end caps and cylinder pin.
Extend the telescope cylinder until the cylinder rod eye is
aligned with the hole nearest the tip of the manual fly
3. Install the cylinder pin in the cylinder rod eye as
shown in Section 8-8. Retract the telescope cylinder
until the cylinder pin is aligned with the hole in boom
4. Push the cylinder pin toward the left side of the
machine so that it engage boom section 2. Then install
the cylinder pin end caps (see Section A-A).
5. Remove the boom stop.
Figure 2-19. Counterweight Removal (100N2382)
The counterweight on this machine is attached to the
Be sure that the boom sections are
rear of the revolving frame, and can be removed, when
retracted fully before lifting the
necessary, as described below:
1. Rotate the upper so that the boom is over either side
Installation and operation of self powered pile driver
of the carrier.
hammer (NSN 3895-00-014-0583). Refer to TM 5-
2. Reeve the auxiliary winch line a shown in Figure 2-19
and dead end the cable by means of the cable socket to
the bottom of the winch platform.
Should it become necessary to tow this machine to a
3. Loosen the counterweight hold down screws.
repair facility, the propeller shaft between the auxiliary
transmission and the front rear axle must be
4. Take up on the auxiliary winch line slightly to relieve
disconnected. If the propeller shaft is not removed, the
the weight on the counterweight pins. Remove the cotter
transmission could be damaged due to inadequate
pins in the counterweight pins, and remove the
lubrication of the internal gear train while the machine is
Pay out the auxiliary winch line to lower the
Towing cables or chains, of adequate length, should be
counterweight to the ground.
attached to the two towing eye located behind the front
6. The counterweight can now be lifted onto a truck
using the main winch line.
Change 1 1-2-27/(1-2-28 (blank))