(3) Block 7 will be completed by the individual making the repair.
(4) DA Form 2402 used to identify warranty claim exhibits are completed as described above, the preprinted
control number of the applicable DA Form 2407 is entered in block 27.
(5) If applicable, serial number of the unserviceable DX item will be entered in block 27.
(1) When a part or component, to which DA Form 2402 has been attached, is installed on an item of equipment
or disposed of, the form will be destroyed.
(2) Sections of this form, used as a receipt, will be destroyed after the exchange transactions are completed.
(3) When used to identify a warranty claim exhibit, section 1 of DA Form 2402 will remain attached to the exhibit
until there is no further requirement.
e. Preparation of DA Form 2407.
(1) DA Form 2407 will be used to submit warranty claim action for end items. When components, parts or
assemblies are identified as being defective and are covered by manufacturer's warranty; and to obtain reimbursement for
maintenance man-hours expended in replacing the defective items. End items under warranty are identified by a decal
plate. All warranty actions settled or unsettled will be reported to the national level. For warranties settled locally the DA
Form 2407 will contain a statement in Block 35 "For information only."
(2) The organizational, direct and general support maintenance and depot activities will prepare the DA Form
2407 as follows:
(a) Heading. Enter a "W" in the EIR space and control number in the space provided.
(b) Block 1a. Enter the name of the organization submitting the report.
(c) Block 1b. Enter the location of the unit initiating the request, units overseas enter APO only.
(d) Block 1c. Enter the unit identification code of the unit identified in block la.
(e) Block 2. Enter serial number of the end item.
(f) Block 3. Enter the noun nomenclature of equipment for which the form was initiated.