1. Use a suitable lifting device attached to the eyebolt in
the top of the cylinder to lift the cylinder assembly in
2. Insert trunnion pins (11) on both sides of the cylinder
and fasten them to the frame with trunnion pin bolts (12).
3. Insert cylinder-to-box pin (14) through the ears on the
outrigger box and rod eye.
4. Install keeper plate (13).
5. Connect the hydraulic lines.
OPERATION. The optional safety locks are actuated by
the SAFETY LOCK switch located on the outrigger control
After the carrier has been set on the outriggers, the safety
lock switch is placed in the ON position. This allows air to
enter the safety lock air cylinder, moving the ratchet pin
against the stepped cam.
When the switch is returned to the OFF position the air
within the cylinder is vented. Spring force inside the air
cylinder then pulls the ratchet pin away from the stepped
These safety locks provide a mechanical lock for the out-
riggers in the down position.
REMOVAL. To remove the safety lock air cylinder and
Figure 7-7. Vertical List Cylinder (100J4208)
8. Position piston rod head assembly (6) on the end of
piston rod (5). Be sure roll pin (8) engages the hole in the
end of the piston rod. Insert capscrew (7) and tighten
9. Using a suitable lifting device, lower piston rod assembly
(5) into the cylinder body (1). Fasten retainer (13) with
INSTALLATION. To install the vertical lift cylinder,