Figure 2-4. Reduction gear and clutch assembly, removal and installation
(1) Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and perform the
(1) Enter the reduction gear and clutch assembly on the
flywheel ring gear. With the assembly properly
(a) Close hydraulic reservoir shut-off valve.
aligned, push the throwout bearing in to hold the
Remove rear drumshaft drive chain case.
clutch plates in position for assembly.
(b) Remove rear drum brake band.
(2) Refer to figure 2-4 and install the reduction gear and
(2) Refer to figure 2-1 and remove sheet metal
as required to remove rear drumshaft through roof of
2-12. Rear Drumshaft Assembly
(3) Refer to figure 2-5. Remove rear drumshaft