Figure 4-16. Dragline bucket, teeth replacement.
4-18. Dragline Bucket and Teeth
(1) Lower dragline bucket to ground then
slacken hoist and drag cable.
(2) Remove drag, hoist, and dump cables
from dead end (fig. 416).
(3) Wind cables on drums, slowly, as cable
b. Bucket Teeth Replacement.
(1) Removal. Position bucket on its side and
recess in teeth, then remove four wedge screws and
teeth from bucket.
(2) Cleanings, Inspection and Repair.
(a) Clean all parts in an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(b) Visually inspect teeth for excessive
wear, and mounting hardware for stripped threads or
(c) Replace all defective parts.
Figure 4-17. Hook block and weighted hook,
(3) Teeth Installation
removal or installation.
(a) Position teeth on lip of bucket.
(b) Insert wedge screw and secure
tooth (4)in position with lockwasher, nut, and cotter pin