(2) Remove two pipes and spacers from
(3) Reassembly by reversing procedure in
steps (2) and (1) above.
c. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Visually inspect parts for excessive wear,
bends, cracks, or other defects.
(3) Repair by straightening bends, welding
cracks, or replacement of all parts damaged beyond
4-23. Radius Indicator (Boom Angle Indica-
then remove radius indicator from crane boom. Install in
b. Disassembly and Reassembly.
Figure 4-22. Boom, backstop, removal,
disassembly, reassembly, and installation.
flatwashers, and two plates to expose bearings and
from bearings, then remove pipes, seats, and springs.
Figure 4-23. Radius (boom angle) indicator, disassembly and reassembly.