Figure 3-17. Turbocharger details (sheet 3 of 10).
(2) Note and mark related positions of parts as
place on bench, compressor end down.
(3) Remove nut from clamps, expand clamps,
Install two #10-24 screws in insert and pull insert out of
then remove clamps from turbocharger.
bearing housing. Push flinger sleeve out of insert by
finger. Remove packing from groove in bearing housing.
(5) Remove nut (14) while holding turbine wheel
17), lockplates, oil deflector, thrust ring, thrust bearing,
spacer sleeve, thrust ring, and spacer.
(6) Remove nut, expand clamp, and lift center
two top retaining rings, bottom bearing, thrustwasher,
section out of turbine housing.
17). Assure that turbine wheel will clear base
during removal. Place pin or dowel on end of shaft.
and remove turbine backplate.
Hold turbine wheel by hand, press against pin until shaft
is free, then remove turbine 'wheel and shaft. Remove
17) from flinger sleeve and shaft.