(5) Remove the carrier engine water pump, fan
pulley, and hydraulic steering pump as
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
(2) Inspect the water pump, fan pulley, and
hydraulic steering pump for breaks, leaks,
cracks, and other damage.
defective pumps and pulley as necessary.
(1) Install the carrier engine water pump, fan
pulley and hydraulic steering pump as
(3) Install the carrier engine water tubes and
(4) Install the three fan belts and the hydraulic
(5) Adjust the hydraulic steering pump belt and
(6) Fill the cooling system to proper level.
150. Thermostat Cover and Thermostats
(1) Drain the cooling system.
(2) Remove the hoses from the thermostat
(3) Remove the carrier engine thermostat cover
and the two thermostats as instructed on
(1) Suspend the thermostats and a thermometer
in a pan of water and heat the water until the
thermostats starts to open. They should start
to open at 160F. and should be fully open
(2) Allow water to cool with the thermostats in it.
Test the temperature of the water at the time
the thermostats start to close and again when
Figure 83. Carrier engine water pump, fan pulley, and
hydraulic steering pump, removal and installation.