assemble in one position.
Now In assembling parts all crow the shaft, seat
e. Inspection and Repair.
each solidly against part ahead of it. When the primary
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
hoist friction clutch driver has been thus seated, back it
off 1/82 inch before clamping in place on shaft.
(2) Inspect parts for damage or wear.
(o) This completes assembly operations
(3) Rebuild broken or cracked parts by
from the right.
welding and grinding, or replace them.
(4) Replace all damaged or worn hardware
Lower shaft into place, carefully
matching bearing housings and their shear pins.
(2) Bolt housings in place.
(1) Ball bearing and seal in bracket must be
(3) Replace gear case cover.
replaced before shaft is installed, only if removal was
(4) Replace clutch shifter yokes (replace
necessary because of damage to oil seal during bearing
both screws and pins).
(5) Replace crowd brake band, boom hoist
(2) Assemble on shaft.
brake and booster bands.
(6) Replace drum flange rope guard (if rope
(b) Slide bearings into pinion with right
lagging is on).
bearing shield against shoulder on shaft.
(7) Replace boom hoist lowering control
(c) Slide right and left retainers on shaft.
chain and safety pawl control rod.
(d) Slide pawl arm on shaft. Insert key and
(8) Replace clutch and boom hoist guards.
lock arm in place with setscrew.
(9) Replace left front A-frame leg.
(3) Slide control shaft into gear case, being
careful not to damage oil seal.
(11) Drain and replace lubricant in gear
(4) Install sprocket against shoulder of shaft
case in accordance with lubrication order.
and lock in place with setscrew.
h. Complete She installation and Connections.
(6) Replace gasket and cover plate and
(2) Assemble front drum clutch.
connect drive chain.
(3) Install drum lagging.
Assemble boom hoist clutch and
(5) Assemble swing-and-propel clutch.
4-11. Front Drum Clutch
For disassembly procedure of the front drum clutch refer
remove the front drum clutch.
4-12. Independent Boom Hoist Assembly
(1) Part the drive chain by removing cotter
pins in pin link assembly at any pin link.
(2) Remove the cover plate from left side of
(3) Remove cotter pins from lowering pawls
pin and loosen setscrew.
(4) Remove pawl pins and lift pawls from
b. Control Shaft Removal.
(1) Remove shaft cap and loosen setscrew.
(2) Slide sprocket from shaft.
(3) Tap out control shaft with housing and
ball bearings on shaft.
Figure 4-18. Boom hoist safety pawl.
(4) Ball bearings on sprocket end of shaft
should remain in place unless replacement is required.
4-13. Hoist Assemblies
c. Control Linkage. Refer to figure 4-19 and
Refer to figure 4-11 and follow disassembly of the front
remove control linkage.
and rear drum shafts as required to remove the hoist
dissemble the independent boom hoist assembly in