(4) Replace the two split retainer plates on
The new bushing can then be driven into place.
bevel pinion and fasten with two capscrews in each.
Install safety wire to lock capscrews.
(1) Insert keys in shaft keyways, and press
Replace oil seal, gasket and flange
gear clutch and driving clutch units on shaft (2030 ton
(2) Place top half of the split bushing on shaft.
Caution: Check carefully to be sure a tight seal
(3) Put bottom half of split bushing in main
bearing cap, and lay shims in place on cap.
(6) Install spur gear with jaw side upward.
(4) Raise assembly into place and bolt on
(7) Install jaw clutch and shifter.
bearing cap, making sure bolts pass through shims
(8) Use OE, engine oil, in an oil can freely to
properly. Adjust shims if necessary to provide snug but
Iubricate control rods in vertical propel shaft getting oil
free running fit.
into swivel joints.
(5) Put gasket in place on bevel gear case
(9) Install cover over horizontal swing-and-
cover, raise cover and bolt in place.
propel gear case.
(6) Assemble two outer clutch shaft sections.
(10) Connect boom hoist control vertical reach
(7) Fill case with lubricant in accordance with
rod and, on shovel, connect crowd chain.
(11) Install drain plugs and fill main gear case
in accordance with lubrication order.
(12) Install propel case sump-pan.
(1) Remove steering clutch guard from side to
be dismantled by removing five bolts from center gear
(1) Drain and remove center gear case and
(2) Remove intermediate steering shaft lever
steering clutch guards as a unit. The complete unit is
attached by four bolts.
(3) Remove lock pin at top of shifter yoke
Disconnect one end of spring rod
assembly by removing reach rod end pin.
Remove both fulcrum pins and
(3) Move both steering jaw clutches out to
subassembly of reach rods and shifter levers as a unit.
(5) Remove propel chain from drive sprocket.
(4) Remove both clutch shaft lock blank bolts.
Remove lock wire, capscrews, and
(5) Pull outer clutch shafts out enough to
sprocket retainer from outer end of clutch shaft.
engage inner ends from center lower propel shaft (about
(7) Pull drive sprocket off from end of clutch
4 inches; propel chain need not be disconnected).
(6) Remove two bolts holding main bearing
(8) Remove clutch shaft lock.
cap remove the cap, and lower the shaft.
(9) Pull clutch shaft out of truck frame and
Note. The main bearing bushing is split in half and
remove sliding section (2) of jaw clutch. Hub in truck
held from turning by shims between truck frame and
frame is now exposed.
bearing cap. When removing bearing cap keep shims in
b. Inspection and Rear. Clean all parts thoroughly
groups as removed so reassembly can be made with the
and examine for damage and excessive wear. Inspect
same bearing fit, or, if necessary adjusted for a snug
truck frame hub bushing and replace if necessary. If.
sliding section of jaw clutch or propelling chain sprocket
(7) The bevel gear and right driving clutch are
have nubbed- teeth, rebuild them by welding and
an integral unit, keyed to the shaft and pressed on. The
grinding. Replace other damaged or excessively worn
left driving clutch is pressed on the same shaft.
Removal requires a press of 20-30 tons capacity.
Caution: This assembly weights about 200
(1) Insert clutch shaft through hub, and slide
pounds and should be jacked down for safety.
on jaw clutch section.
Inspection and Repair.
Clean all parts
(2) Insert clutch shaft lock pin and cotter pin.
thoroughly and inspect for damage and excessive wear.
(3) Slide drive sprocket on splined end of
If clutch teeth are worn or rubbed off, rebuild by welding
and grinding. Clutch bushings (one in bevel gear clutch
(4) Put on sprocket retainer and lock with
unit, the second in the other driving clutch unit) cannot be
capscrews. Install capscrew lock wire.
removed whole without pressing the bevel gear and
(5) Install reach rod and shifter yoke unit.
clutch off the shaft. If necessary to replace, however, cut
Replace fulcrum pins (8) and lock bolts.
and groove, through the bushing with a pointed chisel,
intermediate shaft lever pin.
and then pull it out without disturbing the gear and clutch.