Figure 8-9. Engine and Transmission Mounting
3. Support the auxiliary transmission from below the
1. Using a suitable lifting device, raise the main transmis-
sion into carrier from below.
4. Remove mounting bolts and lower auxiliary transmis-
2. Align shaft of transmission with engine flywheel. Slide
sion from carrier.
transmission forward to engine.
REPAIR. Repairs and internal adjustments to the auxiliary
3. Install the bolts that hold transmission to engine.
transmission are covered in the service manuals prepared by
4. Attach the rear of the main transmission to the hanger
the transmission manufacturer. These service manuals can
bar. Tighten the nut so there is a slight tension on the
be obtained from the nearest dealer or by contacting the
manufacturer at the following address:
5. Connect the propeller shaft.
6. Connect the clutch linkage.
P.O. Box 986
Toledo, Ohio 43696
7. Connect the shift rod.
INSTALLATION. To install the auxiliary transmission,
8. Replace sheet metal over main transmission housing.
proceed as follows.
1. Raise auxiliary transmission into position under carrier.
REMOVAL. To remove the auxiliary transmission, proceed
2. Install the spacers and mounting bolts which secure the
transmission to carrier.
1. Disconnect front and rear propeller shaft from auxiliary
3. Connect the speedometer cable and shift linkage.
4. Connect front and rear propeller shafts to auxiliary
2. Disconnect the auxiliary transmission shifting linkage
and speedometer cable.