Check flywheel bore total run-out. Total
out must not exceed 0.005 inch. (A, fig. 14-28).
(8) Check run-out of clutch mounting face.
Mark four equidistant points on flywheel circumference.
Total run-out of these points must not exceed 0.0005
inch per inch of diameter (B, fig. 14-28).
Figure 14-28. Flywheel bore and clutch-face check points
(9) If run-out exceeds limits, remove flywheel
and clean flywheel and adapter mating surface.
Reinstall flywheel; recheck bores and face.
(10) Remove guide studs, install screws and
torque as described in paragraph (6) above.
Figure 14-27. Flywheel torquing sequence.
Section VII. CAM SHAFT AND FRONT COVER
(2) Straighten lockplates (8), remove screws
14-25. Removal and Disassembly
(7), plates (8) and washers (9).
a. Refer to figure 14-29. Remove and disassemble
(3) Rotate gear (10) and lift slightly while
camshaft as follows:
removing camshaft (13) from block.
(3) and washers (4). Remove cover (5) and gasket (6).