Explanation of Columns (Sections II and III). - (Continued)
CAGE (Column (3)). The Contractor and Government Entity Code for Manufacturer (CAGE) is a 5-digit
numeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means
of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
NOTE: When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number from the
DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(3) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(4) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(5) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown
on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(6) The UOC, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).