Figure 4-31. Pile leads, cribs for removal or installation.
(4) Use wedges or jacks to take weight off of
bends, or breaks, and mounting hardware for stripped
threads, or other defect.
(3) Repair by straightening bends, welding
cracks, or breaks, or replacement of defective part.
c. Installation. Position lead hangers on lead, then
work remaining hanger off boom point sheave pin, move
crane-shovel unit away from leads, then reinstall
removed hanger on lead.
4-35. Pile Leads
(6) Raise boom and move crane-shovel unit
to area for boom removal, if required.
move crane-shovel unit with proper boom installed into
4-36. Hammer, Pile Cap, and Pile Collar
position at cribbed pile leads, position installed hanger
over boom point sheave pin, position loose hanger over
(1) Raise pile leads above hammer, swing
boom point sheave pin, then secure it to lead with six
boom until leads are over hammer, then install hammer
(2) Lift hammer up into pile leads, making
point sheave pin ends, install two split collars, and
sure guides of hammer engage pile guides.
secure each with bolt, lockwasher and nut.
(3) Position pile leads over pile cap and
collar, lower hammer to rest on cap, then place two
(1) Remove collar, cap, and hammer (para
collar cable loops over hooks on hammer.
(2) Remove catwalk and adapters (para
(1) Lower hammer to ground, lift two collar
cable loops off hooks on hammer and leave collar and
(3) Position cribbing for foot of pile lead (fig.
cap on ground.
(2) Raise hammer and pile leads clear of cap
and collar, swing it to one side, lower hammer to
boom point is just above the horizontal, then build
ground, then disconnect hammer cable from pin and
cribbing to support top and center of pile leads (fig.
remove hammer by raising pile leads and swinging them
Caution : Be sure cribbing is high enough to
keep boom point above the horizontal .