Figure 2-18. Dragline reeving diagram.
(3) Lower the boom to horizontal position in line
(9) Secure the piledriver hammer cable to the
with the upper end of lead assembly, and bolt securely
eye on the top of the hammer with a cable wedge, pin,
to the outside of adapter plates on the boom point Refer
and cotter pins, and raise the hammer into the leads.
(4) Install the hammer cable in the drum socket
(10)Swing the boom into position over the pile
in the front cable drum and secure with the cable
cap. Lower the hammer and secure the pile cap to the
wedge. Lead the hammer cable from the drum out over
hammer with the wire rope sling. Raise the hammer and
lift the cap into the leads.
(5) Install the pile hoist cable in the drum
the foot of the boom and the leads; adjust the catwalk so
socket in the rear cable drum and secure with the cable
the leads are vertical, and bolt the catwalk sections
wedge. Lead the pile hoist cable from the drum out over
the right boom point sheave.
c. Removing the Piledriver.
(6) Install a thimble and the pie hoist cable
through the pile hook and secure with three cable
(1) Lower the hammer enough to allow slack in
the wire rope sling. Remove the sling and move the
(7) Back the truck crane slowly toward the
piledriver clear of the cap.
piledriver leads, at the same time hoisting the boom until
the leads are vertical.
(2) Remove the bolts and nuts securing the
catwalk sections. Raise the boom enough to clear
(8) Raise the boom until the bottom of the leads
clear the hammer, and position the leads over the