Figure 2-22. Cribbing prepared for backhoe boom assembly, installation and removal.
end socket on the hoist padlock sheave, and pulI the cable
free of all sheaves.
(3) Lay the cable out straight on the ground.
(4) Roll the cable into a coil and secure it with wire.
Label the cable for future use.
Unreeving the Backhoe Mast Suspension
(1) Pull the dipper in under the boom and lower it to
(2) Slack off on the mast suspension cable and
lower the mast forward to rest on the boom.
(3) Spool the cable off the boom hoist drum, and
remove the cable wedge from the drum socket.
(4) Remove the wedge from the dead-end socket
on the gantry A-frame.
(5) Pull the cable free of all sheaves and the mast.
Lay the cable out straight on the ground.
(6) Roll the cable into a coil and secure it with wire.
Figure 2-23. Backhoe auxiliary gantry suspension reeving Label the cable for future use.
Removing the Backhoe Boom.
(1) Raise the boom and dipper off the